Here are a few goals I have decided to work towards regarding family:
- One day a week I will not be allowed to use the computer, or get on the internet with my phone until the kids go to bed. (instead of specifying a day in the week, I will change it to one of my days off every week, or at least a day I am off early.)
- Monthly(at the least) date nights with Josh.
- Go to the library twice a month. Zander grew up surrounded by books and I want Kyrie to love them as much as he does.
- Go outside at least once a week. I am terrible at this right now because I hate being cold.
- Spend 15 minutes a day playing with each of the kids.
- Take more pictures. I have really been dropping the ball on this with little Kyrie.
- Eat dinner at the table, not in the living room. They may be too young to talk about their day, but this will help us spend more time together as a family.
- Monthly family dates.
- Read a bedtime story to Zander every night I am home for his bedtime. (And Kyrie too, if she makes it that far!)
- Be Here Now. (This is actually a term used in management training with McD’s) This means giving my family my undivided attention when I am with them. Putting my phone down, closing my computer, etc. They deserve all of me.